How exciting…I now have my hands on an advanced copy of my NEW book. I always love the moment a new book arrives. Months and months of hard work suddenly becoming something tangible, something you can touch and share. Finally seeing my latest creations in print is always a proud and very special moment too.
This book is my 16th cake decorating book and my first for four years. I have loved putting it together and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of creating new designs and experimenting with new techniques.
On-trend cake shapes
- Sharp edges – a very current trend that cake decorators aspire to. In this new book, I share two methods for achieving these coveted edges. Including lots of step by step photos so you can easily follow.
- Double height cakes – another on-trend design aspect that I know many of you are intrigued by. Full instructions also included.
New Cake Decorating Techniques
I’ve also include a selection of on-trend cake decorating techniques that I’ve not covered in my previous books. I’ve loved experimenting with these and I’m very pleased with the result. The new cake decorating techniques include:
- Cocoa butter painting – I’m a complete convert to this lovely new technique. I’ve included it in the book a number of times and have also written an informative blog: How to Paint with cocoa butter, a beginners guide
- Working with modelling chocolate – Again this is a completely new medium for me. I love and will be using it again and again from now on. The puffin cake below is created from modelling chocolate.
- New airbrushing technique – I’ve had an airbrush for years but hadn’t really experimented with it much until I wrote this book. I always thought it was an expensive piece of kit. Prices, however, have come down and I’m finding more and more of my students now own airbrushes. Perfect timing, I believe, to show you what can easily be done with an airbrush.
New Book Teaser
Flicking through the pages of a book is always a delight. I am hoping that this quick glimpse between the covers is enough to persuade you, that my new book is absolutely one you have to add to your bookshelf! Click on the arrow to play.
Purchasing your signed copy
If you’d like a signed copy please follow the link to the Lindy’s Cakes shop book page If you’d like a special dedication please ask and if I’m available I’ll do this for you too.
‘Bringing world-class sugarcraft into your kitchen’